Typical ferrarese products sale
The territory of the city of Ferrara and its province offers a wide selection of typical ferraresi products and typical ferrarese food, all food of the highest quality and with a long history, because present on the tables of Ferrara for centuries.
Ferrara Store offers typical products in the area of Ferrara chosen with the utmost care, sorting each typical food carefully, selecting among the ingredients of the highest quality.
The typical products of Ferrara are called "the 17 Pearls of Ferrara": they are 17 products recognized worldwide for the particularities of their flavors and fragrances, not found in other areas, and typical of the area of Ferrara and its province.
The 17 Pearls of Ferrara are:
- Garlic of Voghiera DOP: it is a type of garlic with a mild taste, which is necessary for the production of other products such as sausages and salami and for many dishes of the typical ferrarese cuisine; the garlic of Voghiera is a typical product that can find in our store or order on our shop online by clicking here;
- Pumpkin cappellacci: it is a typical ferrarese product made from a pasta stuffed with pumpkin, of very delicate taste. The pumpkin cappellacci are a product with centuries of history, as it was already present at the time of the Este family. In our shop we offer you this typical ferrarese food that you can also order on our online shop, like many other products of our shop, by clicking here;
- IGP Coppia ferrarese: The couple Ferrara (coppia ferrarese) is the typical product always present on the table of every resident of Ferrara: it is a bread shaped in the typical "X" with four arms twisted; it was mentioned even during the Renaissance. You can buy the famous IGP Coppia ferrarese in our store or on our website by clicking here;
- Pampapato of Ferrara: the pampapato (or pampepato) is a dessert that was traditionally made on 8 December, and it’s eaten at Christmas time. This typical food of Ferrara is a dessert consisting of a mixture of spices, candied fruit and dried fruit. Its story is very old and was already present in the Este court. You can buy the pampapato of Ferrara in our shop or on our online store here;
- Salama da sugo: salama da sugo is a sausage made from the inside of pork and spices, it is often accompanied by mashed potatoes that dilute its strong flavor. This typical food of Ferrara was already known at the time of Lorenzo the Magnificent. You will find the tasty salama da sugo in our store or you can order it from home on our online shop by clicking here;
- Wines of Bosco Eliceo DOC: the wines of Bosco Eliceo, white and red wines, are dry or sparkling, typical products of Ferrara whose vineyards are derived from Grape Uva d'Oro, imported in the sixteenth century by the Cote d'Or. You can find the wines of Bosco Eliceo in their many variants in our store, or order them from home on our online shop by clicking here;
- Eels of the valleys of Comacchio: typical ferrarese food that carries with it the strong flavors of the Po delta;
- Green Asparagus of Altego IGP: it is a typical food whose provenance is mainly from the area of the Po delta;
- Ferrarese Delta Carrot: another vegetable that is among the typical products of Ferrara, characterized by a delicate taste;
- Ferrara Watermelon: it is a typical food whose origins date back to the fourteenth century; for its quality and sweetness this fruit is among the best varieties of watermelon in Italy;
- Emilia Melon: it is another typical food of Ferrara whose appearance on the territory can be dated at least to the fourteenth century; now the production of Emilia melons takes place between the Po delta and the area of Comacchio;
- Emilia Romagna Pear: another fruit counted among the typical products of Ferrara, whose production occurs close to the Po delta; these pears are among the best quality you can find in Italy;
- Peachs and Nectarines of Romagna IGP: typical food and pride of Ferrara in Italy, it is the only type of peaches in Europe to be awarded, for its quality and features, by the IGP (Protected Geographical Indication) issued by the European Community;
- Riso of the Po delta: among the typical products of Ferrara we also find this cereal, present in the area of the Po delta since the sixteenth century and that is today one of the best qualities of Italian rice;
- Salami Zia Ferrarese: it is a renowned salami and a typical food of Ferrara; it is characterized by the gut, that is the final part and very fat of the intestine of the pig, in which the dough is put, making it particularly flavoured and tasty. Inside, among the components, garlic is obligatory;
- Goro Clam: a variety of shellfish from the area of the Goro lagoon; the valves of this typical food of Ferrara have colors ranging from white to gray or black.
We invite you to visit us in Ferrara Store: you will find a welcoming environment in which you can choose with care between the various typical foods of Ferrara. If I could not come and visit us, you can buy our products in our online shop by clicking here.